7 hrs 45 mins
7 hrs 30 mins
From Pillsbury Doughboy Slow Cooker Recipes (2003).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1-inch chinks
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 1/2 ounces condensed beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or 1/2 cup nonalcoholic red wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms, fresh
- 16 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels; crumble. In 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine bacon, beef, carrots, and onion.
- 2In small bowl, combine flour marjoram, garlic powder and pepper. With wire whisk, stir in broth, wine and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Add to beef mixture in slow cooker; stir to combine.
- 3Cover; cook on high setting for 1 hour.
- 4Reduce heat setting to low; cook an additional 5 to 6 hours.
- 5About 30 minutes before serving, add mushrooms to beef mixture. Increase heat setting to high; cover and cook an additional 30 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- 6Meanwhile, cook noodles to desired doneness as directed on package. Serve beef mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burgundy Beef and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.4
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 173.6 mg
- Sodium 409.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 43.1 g