Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs 30 mins
From Pillsbury Doughboy Slow Cooker Recipes (2003).
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1-inch chinks
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 1⁄2 ounces condensed beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine or 1⁄2 cup nonalcoholic red wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms, fresh
- 16 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels; crumble. In 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine bacon, beef, carrots, and onion.
- In small bowl, combine flour marjoram, garlic powder and pepper. With wire whisk, stir in broth, wine and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Add to beef mixture in slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Cover; cook on high setting for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat setting to low; cook an additional 5 to 6 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, add mushrooms to beef mixture. Increase heat setting to high; cover and cook an additional 30 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles to desired doneness as directed on package. Serve beef mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley.