Recipe by Kerrie227
This recipe I made up in desperation for something different on my low carb/low fat diet. Minced beef, chicken or pork could be used instead of lamb Add other herbs & spices as desired
- 250 g ground lamb
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce, to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons fresh ricotta
- cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze out any liquid from the grated vegetables.
- In a large bowl mix together the first 9 ingredients. Add egg and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot fry pan place egg rings & spray with cooking oil, ensure egg rings are coated all over.
- Place spoonfuls of burger mixture in each egg ring until full.
- Cook approximately 3 minutes, remove egg rings & carefully turn over and cook a further 2 – 3 minutes.
- Mix ricotta cheese & cayenne pepper together.
- Serving Suggestions.
- Place burger on plate top with some ricotta spread, slice of tomato & cucumber.
- Serve above combination in between two slices of grilled eggplant.