This is the method that restaurants use to serve eggs for a buffet brunch --- for cheesy eggs mix in 1-1/2 cups shredded old cheddar cheese or you may sprinkle the cheese on top after removing from the oven --- 2-1/2 cups half and half cream and milk will produce ultra fluffy eggs, for a firmer texture reduce to 2 cups--- NOTE this recipe was tested using large eggs I cannot promise the same results using small or extra large eggs --- if you are serving these eggs at a buffet some side ideas would be salsa, green onions, cheddar cheese and soft buns :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F (set oven rack to lowest position).
- 2Spray a 13 x 9-inch glass baking pan with cooking spray then pour the melted butter into the pan.
- 3In a bowl whisk eggs and salt until smooth and well blended.
- 4Gradually whisk in the half and half and milk; pour into the baking pan.
- 5Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 6Remove the pan from the oven then stir the eggs; return to oven and bake another 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are just set (to insure soft fluffy eggs do not overbake as the eggs will cook more after removing from the oven).
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffet-Style Fluffy Oven Scrambled Eggs for a Crowd
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.2
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 449.4 mg
- Sodium 489.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 14.2 g