Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is the method that restaurants use to serve eggs for a buffet brunch --- for cheesy eggs mix in 1-1/2 cups shredded old cheddar cheese or you may sprinkle the cheese on top after removing from the oven --- 2-1/2 cups half and half cream and milk will produce ultra fluffy eggs, for a firmer texture reduce to 2 cups--- NOTE this recipe was tested using large eggs I cannot promise the same results using small or extra large eggs --- if you are serving these eggs at a buffet some side ideas would be salsa, green onions, cheddar cheese and soft buns :)
Top Review by JHawk51
These were awesome. I was asked to bring scrambled eggs to work for a breakfast for a crowd. Had no idea how to mange this. Found this recipe since it takes no time to cook I made it before I went work. I wanted to keep them warm so I heated up by my crock pot with hot water while the eggs were cooking. The eggs cooked perfectly, dumped the water out of my crock pot, dried it throughly and transferred the eggs into the crock pot. The eggs were bright yellow, fluffy even after transferring them into the crock pot. Others brought eggs but mine were all gone at the end of breakfast, always the test of any recipe. This recipe gets 5 stars for taste and ease of cooking.
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 24 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (I use seasoned salt)
- fresh ground black pepper (optional and to taste) or white pepper (optional and to taste)
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk (or use 2-1/2 cups all milk)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F (set oven rack to lowest position).
- Spray a 13 x 9-inch glass baking pan with cooking spray then pour the melted butter into the pan.
- In a bowl whisk eggs and salt until smooth and well blended.
- Gradually whisk in the half and half and milk; pour into the baking pan.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven then stir the eggs; return to oven and bake another 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are just set (to insure soft fluffy eggs do not overbake as the eggs will cook more after removing from the oven).
- Serve immediately.