Lite Scrambled Eggs With Smoked Salmon
This is my lighter version of scrambled eggs with smoked salmon.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup egg substitute or 8 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, milk and seasonings.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick spray or use a non-stick skillet. Heat over medium heat.
- When hot, add egg mixture.
- Cook eggs, stirring occasionally until slightly set, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in salmon and spinach until salmon is heated through and the spinach has wilted.
- Serve over toasted bread.
- Sprinkle with additional fresh chives and dill.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I really had to restrain myself to eat this nice and slowly instead of gobbling it all down. I used to whole eggs (for 1 person - me) and followed through but I only had dry dill to add as it was pouring rain could not get out to herb garden to get the chives and then when I was eating I realized I forgot to put them in - put down to early morning brain dead. Thank you Mysterygirl for a great breakfast, made for All You Can Cook Buffet tag game.Reply
I love the spinach in this and aside from omitting the dill made it just as written using EggBeaters. It's a perfect weekend breakfast that really feels special with the smoked salmon. Dh and guests got waffles this morning while I kept the good stuff for myself as I reminded them how underprivileged and suffering we diabetics are, I mean..fish? for breakfast?? (hehehehehehe)Slurp! The recipe works very well and is quick to make. You will have it ready in under 10 mins. It's excellent in the winter cold and I can see it on a summer morning on the deck.Reply