Feta/Bacon Scrambled Eggs for 1
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- Heat the butter in a small pan over medium heat.
- Add the bacon and cook until crisp and brown.
- Add the onion and cook for about 1 minute more.
- Whisk the eggs and sour cream together and add to the pan.
- Allow to set a little before stirring gently to allow the runny mix underneath the set egg.
- When almost set, but still creamy, add the crumbled feta and cook to melt (about 30 seconds is enough).
- Season with plenty of black pepper and serve at once over hot toast or a croissant.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I thought this was a terrific recipe. I really enjoyed the eggs prepared this way. I have never cooked bacon in butter before, it tasted deliicous and crispy. The addition of the sour cream in the scrambled eggs, made them rich and creamy. I also enjoyed the greek feta and the fresh ground pepper, they made the dish sing. Made exactly as written but used sweet vidalia onion, didn't have any green onions left, they worked well in this recipe. Thanks for sharing. Made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
Made this as a quick breakfast for my hubby for his bday this morning before he left for work. He didn't have time, so I wrapped it in a flour tortilla to make a breakfast burrito, and it worked perfectly like this. Threw some garlic salt in with the pepper too, yum! Definitely not your healthiest breakfast as the eggs are cooked in the bacon grease, but delicious nonetheless!
Great breakfast this morning for the DM and I, we shared and with a slice of toasted wholemeal/wholegrain bread it was enough to satisfy us, though for dietary reasons at the moment I had to omit the bacon but just loved the slight saltiness of feta and the taste of the spring onions with the creaminess of the eggs. I did make it more omelette style though. Thanks Jan, made for Aussie/Kiwi Swap #40 May 2010.