Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one I haven't tried yet, but intend to, soon. I don't remember where I first saw these, but I don't want to lose the idea/recipe, so will post it here. I think the little ones would like it, too, if the hot sauce were left out or cut way down...
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese or 2 (8 ounce) packages neufchatel cheese
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4-3⁄4 cup Tabasco sauce or 1⁄4-3⁄4 cup other hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 24 -26 slices deli turkey or 24 -26 slices chicken breasts, thin enough to roll, thick enough to not tear
- 24 -26 crisp-style breadsticks, at least 4 inches long
- bleu cheese salad dressing
- In a small sauté pan, melt 1 stick of butter and cook up onion, garlic, and flour, stirring continuously for 6-8 minutes.
- Add wine, chicken broth, Red Hot, and sugar, blend completely.
- In a mixing bowl, cube the pound of cream cheese and pour the “Red Hot mixture” over. Blend the warm Buffalo cream in with the cream cheese.
- Allow cream to cool slightly (in the freezer for 10-12 minutes works!) and lay out pieces of sliced deli meat on a cutting board.
- Spread 1 ½ - 2 tablespoons of Buffalo Cream out on the sliced poultry, as you would butter on bread.
- Place the bread stick at one end of the coated lunchmeat with the top edge of the bread stick to the top edge of the meat and the “handle end” sticking out from the bottom about 2”.
- Roll the bread stick up into the meat. Place the seam side down, allow to cool in the fridge for at least one hour. Serve with Bleu cheese Dressing and enjoy!