Recipe by rpgaymer
I threw this together to use up some ingredients. It was good! I pan-fried these because I don't have a grill- I'm sure they'd be even better when grilled.
Top Review by breezermom
I made these exactly as posted. Normally I cook my burgers on the grill, but these burgers are very loose and I was afraid they would fall apart on the grill. So I fried them in half the amount of butter and enjoyed a wonderfully seasoned turkey burger! The blue cheese and hot sauce were perfect together. Thanks for sharing! Made for Rookie Tag game.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (a buffalo-style sauce like Frank's RedHot)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter (if frying)
- 4 hamburger buns, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine meat with breadcrumbs, egg, hot sauce, salt & pepper. Mix well, and form into eight patties of the same size.
- Divide the blue cheese into four equal portions. Place a portion of the cheese atop one patty, then top with another patty. Fold the patty's edges together so the cheese is hidden in the center. Seal well so nothing leaks out when cooking. Repeat three more times to make four burgers in total.
- Heat the butter in a skillet of medium-high heat. Cook patties, flipping once, for about 15 minutes.
- Serve inside buns and top with more hot sauce, if desired. Maybe some sliced red onions, tomato and lettuce as well. I served mine in pitas and topped with baby arugula and hot sauce.