Recipe by Kat's Mom
Sent to me in a Frank's Red Hot newsletter. We made this by sauteing it in oil in a large frying pan. Excellent with sun-dried tomato tortillas. Preparation time does not include marinating time.
- 1 lb steak (boneless flank, top round or sirloin)
- 3⁄4 cup buffalo wing sauce, Frank's REDHOT
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 2 bell peppers, cut into quarters (red or green)
- 1 large onion, cut into thick slices
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce or 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas or 8 (8 inch) corn tortillas, heated
- sour cream (optional)
- cheese, shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour 1/2 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce over steak in deep dish.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Drain meat and rub both sides with seasoning mix.
- Grill meat and vegetables 10 to 15 minutes until meat is medium rare and vegetables are charred, but tender.
- Thinly slice meat and vegetables.
- Place vegetables in large bowl, then stir in chili sauce and remaining 1/4 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce.
- Layer meat and vegetable mixture on tortillas, dividing evenly.
- If desired, serve with sour cream and cheese.
- Tip: Substitute 1 lb. boneless chicken or pork for the steak.