Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This is a healthy, delicious and simple way to enjoy cod fish. Each forkful consists of a light, tender pillow of cod topped with flavor-packed tomato brushchetta that is sure to please the taste buds. We love it and hope you do too! (Note: Cod is a very moist fish. Please be aware that during the cooking process, it will release a lot of milky-white moisture in the bottom of the pan. Do not be alarmed, as this is only natural.)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, petite diced, drained
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon capers, minced (non-pareil, or kalamata olives per your preference)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 tablespoon oil, basting
- 4 cod fish fillets (I used Pacific cod)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl for the bruschetta topping, stir together tomatoes, onion, garlic, capers, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and basil.
- Rub both sides of cod fillets with basting oil. Onto a baking sheet (with raised sides), lay out fillets in a single layer. Top generously with bruschetta mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.