Baked Cod Fish With Anise
- Ready In:
Baked cod fish with anise
- 1 whole anise
- 1 onion
- 1 whole lemon
- salt and pepper
- 4 -8 pieces cod
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 cup basmati rice or 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups water
Cod Fish with Anise cooking instruction:
- Slice the onion and the anize (french cut style) and mix in a bowl.
- Arrange half of the sliced vegetables at the bottom of glass dish and dash with salt and pepper.
- Then layer the cod fish on top, and then spread the rest of the sliced vegetables on top of the fish.
- Cut the lemon and squeezed all over and dash with salt and pepper. Take two tablespoons of the butter and drop small pieces at different area of the dish.
- Put 3 tbsp of Olive oil and cover with foil bake for 45 minutes to 1 hr at 350°F There should be enough juice when this is done to put over the rice.
Rice - cooking instruction:
- Put 1 cup of rice in a microwavable dish with a flat bottom. Make sure the dish is deep enough as rice will double in size. First, rinse the rice with cold water to remove the starch. Add two cups of water, make sure the rice is evenly spread out. Spread it evenly with your fingers. Put in the microwave (uncovered) for 25 minutes. Remove from microwave once cooked and mixed with spoon to loosen the rice, then cover with a lid. Let it cool for 5 minutes then serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made this for supper for myself tonight, just one serving, I used fresh fennel, red onion and left the butter out, just used olive oil, about 1 teaspon and did use the garlic powder. Just made the fish this time, I will make it again and do the rice too. I served it with potato and broccoli. It was delicious and I would not hesitate to make it for company. Thanks for posting.
This is an excellent way to cook fish with simple vegetables and eat it with plain rice. The recipe below is for the cod fish and also how to cook the rice in the microwave, quick and easy. This dish is simple, easy to make and delicious! I used a 9 x 13 baking glass dish to cook the fish in the oven.