Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Perfect for leftover pulled pork, chicken or pot roast.
- 3 lbs pork or 3 lbs beef (smoked is best) or 3 lbs chicken (smoked is best)
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon texas pete hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- In a stock pot, heat bacon drippings (yes I save my bacon fat) over medium high heat. Saute onions until soft, about 7 minutes add garlic cook 2 minutes more.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add everything else & meat. Add more stock to desired consistency, stirring occasionally, for at least 30 minutes.