Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Got this from our preacher's wife and has got to be, hands down, the best Brunswick stew we have ever eaten. I used this recipe for the Thanksgiving dinner at work and took home first prize in the "other" category and grand prize over all.
- 2 (10 ounce) canscastleberry barbecued pork
- 2 (10 ounce) canscastleberry barbecued beef
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can cooked chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can white corn kernels, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into a large crock pot. Cook on low heat for 8 hours stirring occasionally.
- This can be cooked on high for 4 hours but you need to watch it more closely for sticking.
- Goes GREAT with cornbread!
This was delicious and so easy! I didn't change a thing with the recipe and it turned out perfect!!!
Wow! This tastes just like the Brunswick stew we get at our local bbq here in Alabama! Yum! I used refrigerated containers of bbq since they were on sale. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe! No more picking it up when I can make it at home!
Followed the recipe but added 1/2 cup chicken stock and 12 ozs frozen lima beans. Also, the corn and cream corn I used were thawed frozen, as well. The last couple of hours, I added steamed potatoes that were cubed, because that's how my Grandmother from Savannah made it. Can't get too much more authentic than this!