Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Haven't tried this, but how could I not post a cherry AND brownie dessert?
- 1 (21 1/2 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix, dry
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- whipped cream (optional)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package direction using the water, vegetable oil, and egg. Spread batter evenly in a lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes, until brownies are halfway done.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, cut butter into dry cake mix (using butter knife) until mixture becomes crumbly.
- Remove half-baked brownies and spoon cherry filling as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle cake mixture over cherry filling layer.
- Return to oven and continue baking for another 50 minutes or until top is golden brown and cherry filling and brownies have set.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired. Yum yum yum!
THIS IS ABSOLUTELY, DISGUSTINGLY WONDERFUL, but I have to ask you ~ How could you, MeliBug, have gone so long & not made this one? I've have had it made even before the recipe was approved! Anyway, I did make it & will definitely be making it again! I used a triple-chocolate brownie mix for this & will be making it that way next time as well! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my teammates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #18]
Brownies and cherries, what a wonderful combination! This was delicious and so easy to prepare.