Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I started making this recipe when I was in college. We found it a treat then and now.
- 236.59 ml margarine or 236.59 ml butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 473.18 ml light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml nuts (optional)
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 pan (or one that was sprayed with Pam.) Bake at 350 degrees for 25 min.
Good texture to these brownies and extremely easy to make, I added in chopped walnuts, 5 stars all the way! thanks for posting...Kitten:)
Definitely use butter in these. I prefer butter in anything, but it's a big part of the flavor of these. They simply taste like butter and brown sugar, with a brownie texture. I might prefer often to go all the way and make richer, gooier "caramel brownies" or "butterscotch brownies" or to put chocolate chips in these, but if what you want is a simple, buttery-sweet treat, this recipe works well.
A nice satisfying snack, husband liked it too (and he is a chocolate lover, so that is a true compliment!). I used walnuts, and baked in a 10 X 10 inch pan for about 30 minutes without any problems. Thanks for posting !