Sweet Mixed Nuts
I started out making this just for the holidays makes a nice gift. Brown sugar,cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and cloves. Its easy enough to do whenever, one batch in the microwave makes 1 1/2 cups.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups nuts (combination of almonds, cashews, pecans, filberts, walnuts)
- Slect power high.
- In a 2 quart casserole or microwave safe dish combine sugar, water and spices.
- Heat 1 to 1 1/2 minutes til sugar is melted.
- Stir in nuts.
- Place nuts on a microwave safe plate heat on high for 3 1/2 minutes or until syrupy.
- Becareful to spread the nut mixture evenly on the plate and watch closely not to burn.I find not all microwaves act the same way.
- Place nuts on wax paper to cool completely.
- Break into pieces store in air tight container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation