Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe came to me as a way to use Swiss Chard from the garden ( I don't care for it plain)
Make and share this Brown rice with Swiss Chard and Peanuts recipe from Food.com.
- Bring water to the boil.
- Add rice.
- Simmer for 45 minutes for regular brown rice, until most of the water is absorbed.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in saute pan.
- Saute garlic and onion until softened.
- Stir in peanuts- keep it moving so that the peanuts do not burn.
- Turn in the rice and the swiss chard.
- Season with salt and salt substitute.
- Heat until the swiss chard is wilted and the flavours are blended and everything is heated through.
- Great with sate pork on the grill.