1 hr 5 mins
Gail HD's Note:
This recipe came to me as a way to use Swiss Chard from the garden ( I don't care for it plain)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water to the boil.
- 2Add rice.
- 3Simmer for 45 minutes for regular brown rice, until most of the water is absorbed.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Heat oil in saute pan.
- 6Saute garlic and onion until softened.
- 7Stir in peanuts- keep it moving so that the peanuts do not burn.
- 8Turn in the rice and the swiss chard.
- 9Season with salt and salt substitute.
- 10Heat until the swiss chard is wilted and the flavours are blended and everything is heated through.
- 11Great with sate pork on the grill.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown rice with Swiss Chard and Peanuts
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.3
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 172.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 6.0 g