Recipe by Gail HD
This recipe came to me as a way to use Swiss Chard from the garden ( I don't care for it plain)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil (olive or other vegetable)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded swiss chard
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt substitute (like Mrs. Dash)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to the boil.
- Add rice.
- Simmer for 45 minutes for regular brown rice, until most of the water is absorbed.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in saute pan.
- Saute garlic and onion until softened.
- Stir in peanuts- keep it moving so that the peanuts do not burn.
- Turn in the rice and the swiss chard.
- Season with salt and salt substitute.
- Heat until the swiss chard is wilted and the flavours are blended and everything is heated through.
- Great with sate pork on the grill.