Recipe by JBSully
This gluten-free salad has pine nuts and feta with a light lemon olive oil dressing. The original recipe call for orzo instead of rice. Both are delicious!
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice (or one box orzo)
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (6 ounce) containercrumbled feta cheese (or goat cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice of, large
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook brown rice according to directions, then transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle with the tbsp of salt. Let cool about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast pine nuts on baking sheet in 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes, tossing half-way through, until dark brown. Let cool, then place on top of rice.
- Add chopped scallions and feta.
- Pour olive oil and lemon juice over the top.
- Add a generous amount of pepper.
- Mix gently.
- The rice will still be very warm and the cheese will melt as you mix.
- Serve at room temperature.