Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Light summer salad. The cooking time does not include the time for the rice to sit with the soy sauce.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (light if available)
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt, to taste
- Cook the rice in the water, drain.
- While the rice is still hot add the soy sauce and finely chopped onions, let cool(a couple of hours preferably overnight).
- Add capsicum, peanuts, seeds and sultanas.
- For the dressing, mix all ingredients and pour over salad.
This was a wonderful salad.
I enjoyed this salad. It's a little different from my usual salads. I used slightly less soy sauce, didn't have peanuts, so used cashews. The dressing was nice! Thank you Jewelies! :lol: