These rolls are initially baked for only 5 minutes, then cooled and frozen. Whenever you want fresh rolls, pull out amount needed and bake - no thawing necessary. They will taste as delicious as though you just made them. Great make aheads for company dinners.
- Beat egg in large measuring cup and add enough water to equal 1 1/2 cups liquid.
- Add liquid to breadmaker.
- Add remaining ingredients except cooking spray in order as suggested by your breadmaker.
- Select dough cycle.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough and place in large greased bowl and spray top with butter spray.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Punch dough down and turn out onto a lightly floured board.
- Cut dough in half, then cut each half into 3 equal pieces.
- Cut each of these pieces into 3 equal pieces to make 18 pieces of dough.
- Lightly flour hands and roll each piece into a ball and place into muffin tins that have been sprayed with butter spray.
- Spray tops of rolls, cover and let stand for 30 minutes to rise until doubled.
- Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or just until they begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool in pans for a few minutes.
- Remove to racks to cool completely, then place on a tray and put in freezer until firm.
- Place in plastic freezer bags and freeze.
- To complete cooking, place as many frozen rolls as you need in muffin tins and bake at 400° until golden brown, about 6 or 7 minutes.
- Note: If you want to bake them immediately, bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.