Recipe by IAKnight
An easy, tasty and relatively healthy Tilapia recipe that is a quick main dish.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
I make tilapia pretty regularly because it's one of DH's favorite types of fish, so I wanted to try this out for a change. We enjoyed it, but we still prefer my usual preparation (a variation on the Veracruz theme). I would make this again, but I think I would season the fish fillets a bit before adding the topping -- I had really large tilapia, and the fish itself seemed a bit bland underneath all that flavorful topping. I served this with some broiled asparagus and Mexican rice, so a nice dinner all around. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2013
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets (8)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 cup softened margarine or 1⁄8 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Broiler.
- Place filets on foil lined broiler pan in a single layer.
- Mix all existing ingredients together in bowl with whisk until well blended.
- Broil filets a few inches from broiler for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip filets and broil another 2-3 minutes.
- Flip filets again and cover each with Parmesan mixture, and broil until the mixture starts to brown. Do not overcook fish!