Broiled Tilapia With Parmesan
This was inspired by Kittencal's Broiled Parmesan Tilapia. I needed to make some adjustments to make a little bit healthier.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- Set oven to broil.
- Spray Pam on large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the fish over and broil 2-3 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and top with Parmesan mixture, only the tops.
- Return to oven and broil until golden brown on top and fish flakes easily. This takes about 3 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was really good. Most of my family enjoyed (DH and 10 yo, but not the 3yo). I did have to make the recipe twice to cover all of the 2lbs of tilapia. I also had to broil at the end for about 10 minutes instead of 3...so maybe I put on too much topping on each, but they were really good. Would make again. Oh, the lemon was a little strong, so might reduce it a bit next time.