Recipe by CrystalRN
A great addition to the holiday table.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this recipe on 4/14/08 for "Spring PAC 2008". And since there was only myself and SO,only half of this recipe was made.For the rice,regular white was used.I don't use garlic cloves,so a little more than 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder was used.And a sharp chedder cheese was used. Instead of cooking and draining the broccoli, it was thawed out and added to the rest of the ingredients.Now I will tell you that the only reason that this was given a 4 * rating, is that there was no oven temperature stated. For a beginner cook, it might be a little difficult to figure out. I baked this at 350 degrees at the suggested time.And after removing the foil I had to add about 10 more minutes to get more of a golden brown color to the cheese.But all and all this was a very good broccoli casserole and will be made again.Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 6 cups wild rice (or any rice desired)
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 cups of shredded cheese, your favorite
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet melt the stick of butter. Sauté onion and garlic, until onions are tender. Set aside to cool.
- Steam the frozen broccoli until thawed, then drain well. Let cool.
- Cook wild rice according to directions.
- When sufficiently cool, reserve 1/2 cup of the cheese and mix remaining ingredients together. Put in a oven-proof baking dish or casserole dish (or 2 if needed).
- Spread reserved 1/2 cup of cheese on top. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove foil; bake an additional 5 to 15 minutes, or until cheese on top is hot and bubbly.