My mom used to make this for us when we were kids- I have even made it using browned chicken breasts for a full meal. This makes a ton and is great for a crowd. My mom always bought a 1 lb block of Velveeta and cubed 1/2 pound of it, and sliced up the other 1/4 pound, but if you can find the shredded velveeta - that's a great time saver! Prep time does not include rice cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a deep skillet, add onion and saute till soft.
- 2To the onions add the cream of chicken soup, milk, and 1/2 pound of the velveeta (chunked).
- 3Fold in 3 cups of cooked rice, and the broccoli.
- 4Pour into a greased 9x13 casserole dish.
- 5Slice remaining 1/4 pound velveeta and place over casserole.
- 6Bake, uncovered at 350 F for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli, Rice, and Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.2 mg
- Sodium 636.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 11.0 g