Recipe by Laura O.
I was looking for a recipe for a broccoli rice casserole that had croutons on top, so I requested it in the forum. Chef Loversdream posted a slew of recipes. This was the first one I made, and it is wonderful. I did leave out the celery and used Caesar croutons.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, cut in chunks
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter or 1 -2 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup onion-garlic crouton
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice and broccoli.
- Saute onion and celery in 1-2 tablespoons butter or margarine.
- Add mushroom soup, water, and cheese to sauteed onion and celery.
- Heat until cheese melts.
- Add broccoli and rice.
- Pour into buttered or sprayed casserole.
- In a separate skillet or pan, melt 1/2 stick of butter or margarine.
- Add croutons to melted butter and toss until butter is absorbed.
- Top casserole with the buttered croutons.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until bubbly.