Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This makes a great "do ahead" appetizer, since it can be served cold or reheated. Its also wonderful to take on a picnic (with a bottle of wine ;) If prefered, you can leave out the Feta and Parmesan cheeses.
- 3⁄4 lb broccoli, stems peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives, such as calamata
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 lb frozen bread dough, thawed and cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook the broccoli in boiling salted water for 3 minutes.
- Drain and chop.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, olives and red pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli; season with salt and pepper.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll each piece of dough into a 12 by 9 inch rectangle.
- Spoon half of the broccoli mixture down one longer side of each rectangle, about 2 inches from the edge.
- Top each with half of the feta and Parmesan.
- Roll the dough up around the filling; fold in the sides.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until brown.
- Let cool slightly then slice and serve.