Easy Chicken Broccoli Bread
photo by Nancygirl
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces crescent roll dough
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 medium bell peppers (one red and one yellow or orange)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Cook and shred chicken breast. You can boil it in water with a tablespoon of garlic, pepper and salt or cook it in a skillet with garlic and butter. However it gets cooked, I generally season mine during the process. Place shredded chicken in fridge to cool.
- Preheat oven to degree indicated on prepackaged rolls.
- In a large bowl mix all the spices into mayonnaise and chill in fridge.
- Chop bell peppers and broccoli into small pieces.
- Mix cool chicken, bell peppers, broccoli and cheese into the mayo mixture.
- On a cookie sheet, roll out dough. It comes out of the can as a rectangle; do not separate the rolls from each other. I use my fingers to gently push the perforated lines back together.
- Use both cans together to make one large rectangle, a single sheet of dough.
- Using a knife or scissors, cut 1 inch wide strips in towards the center, starting on the long sides. There should be a solid strip of uncut dough down the center, with the cut strips forming a fringe down each side. Make sure to keep an even number.
- Spread the chicken mixture along the center strip.
- Fold the short ends of the dough up over the edge of the mound.
- Now bring each strip, and its partner on the other side, up to meet on top of the chicken mixture mound.
- Pinch the ends together and fold down.
- Continue until you have a pretty loaf.
- Brush dough with the egg white and bake in the preheated oven 25-30 minutes.
- Don’t undercook or its soggy, its pretty wet bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is, indeed, a pampered chef recipe and a great one. I used about 2 cups of chopped chicken, 1/2 cup peppers, and 1 cup chopped broccoli and 3/4 cup of mayo. Seasonings were fresh rosemary and dill and salt & pepper, which I had grilled the chicken with too. I also used 1/2 cup sharp cheddar and really it didn't need it. The braid was simple to do and I turned it into a wreath and garnished with fresh rosemary, holly branches, and sprinkled with dill. The candle was not my original idea, but lovely! This was simple, delicious and a stunning presentation.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am 23 years old, and love to cook. Between my two jobs, my husband and my three ferrets there isn't always a lot of time for it, but I still make dinner every night and enjoy finding new flavor combinations that are simple and delicious. I like to eat at sushi places and to drink at Irish Pubs. I've been work for a great catering company and have tried many things there I might never have thought of. I am really enjoying discovering my adult pallet.