Recipe by Potluck
Is a great potluck or buffet dish.
Top Review by belibra88
I've been buying this at our local grocery store and thought I would make it myself. This is a great recipe. I like substituting the bacon with turkey bacon to make it lower in fat as well as using light mayonnaise. I normally don't like raw broccoli but I love this salad.
- 1 bunch broccoli, about 3 stalks
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 slices bacon, crispy fried
- 1 cup whole roasted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise (light or regular)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- To make salad;Completely chop broccoli,bitesize pieces.
- Add onion,crumble bacon and add sunflower seed and raisins.
- To make dressing;Combine mayo,sugar and vinegar,mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Add vegetables.Toss.
- Let salad steep for a while before serving.