Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Needs to chill 1 hour before serving.
- 3 -4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 large tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup cider or 1⁄3 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Cook broccoli in a small amount of water for about 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Rinse with cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl, add cooked broccoli, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a krudit jar or jar with a tight fitting lid; shake well.
- Pour over salad; toss.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
This was so easy to make and the taste was incredible. The dressing was awesome and the seasonings gave it quite a zip. My husband and I agree that this really deserves more than 5-stars. Thanks Gail Blue Eyes.
What a wonderful salad! Earthy and Tangy! I loved it and it was even better the next day! Have made this 5 times in the last month alone. I now add some pickled jalapenos for kick and changed the 1TSP of sugar to 2TSPs of honey in the dressing. I also use the dressing on grilled veggies and potatoes. Superbly done. A hearty thank you is well deserved!
This had a nice tangy dressing (reminded me of 3 bean salad with some herbs) and I added a few kidney beans and a bit of grated lemon (no lemon pepper).My teenaged son ate his, too! Thanks Gail, for posting. Roxygirl