Watermelon, Cucumber and Tomato Salad
From Parade magazine. Serve with a side dish of coarse salt.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups watermelon, seeded and cubed (3/4 inch cubes)
- 4 plum tomatoes, ripe,cut into 8 pieces each
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled,halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (English)
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, chiffonade
- fresh ground pepper, to tast
- Prepare all ingredients ahead of time and store separately.
- Just before serving, drain the water from the watermelon, tomato and cucumber in a colander and place them in a serving bowl.
- Toss with olive oil, basil and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I was going to post this very recipe; I'll just talk it up instead! I'm not usually into weird combos, but I love what Sheila Lukins does with food. You DO have to wait to combine the ingredients so they don't get sloppy, but this makes a terrific side dish, very refreshing; I prepared it with stuffed chicken breasts. Thanks for posting this recipe, Cathleen!Reply
see 1 more