Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great side dish! Very rich & filling.
- 2 lbs fresh broccoli florets
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 10 ounces dry bread stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lighlty grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cook broccoli in a large pot of salted boiling water until just slightly tender, Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, onion, mushroom soup and mayonnaise.
- Place a layer of broccoli in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour mayonnaise sauce over broccoli.
- Spread stuffing mix over the sauce.
- butter or margarine over all and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Wonderful broccoli casserole! For me, the buttery, crunchy cheese-topped stuffing was the best part. It was a nice contrast to the creamy broccoli mixture. This is the type of side that is perfect for your big holiday dinners but easy enough for any day. Thanx!
This is a favorite of ours and found on our holiday table every year! Thank you for sharing it with everyone.