Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Recipe+ - saving here as we did have a bumper crop of broad beans and were about ready to harvest when the fence blew down and flattened the lot. This recipe does call for frozen broad beans and I was planning in freezing them.
- 750 g broad beans (frozen)
- 150 g feta cheese (jarred marinated in oil)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup mint (leaves chopped plus extra to garnish or serve)
- Cook broad beans in a large saucepan of boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender and then drain and refresh under cold water and then peel and discard the skins.
- Drain fetta, reserve 1/4 cup of the oil.
- Process fetta, reserved oil, broad beans and lemon juice in a food processor until a coarse paste forms and then season to taste and then add mint and pulse until just combined.
- Cover dip with plastic food wrap and then chill until required.
- Serve with toast pita bread chips, crisps or vegetables of choice.
Very tasty. I haven't seen any jarred feta as described so I used a firm Boursin that crumbles nicely and added a bit of olive oil and some Greek oregano, basil, fresh coriander and black pepper. Served with sliced firm veggies (the usual suspects) and enjoyed a pleasing summer supper with some iced tea. Thank you Pat