Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is great on chips with sausage or on meatloaf.
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 bouillon cube, any flavour
- 300 ml hot water
- 2 tablespoons cornflour, blended with a little cold water to make a slurry
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the onion and mushrooms and fry gently until really well-browned - this will give colour and flavour to the gravy.
- Dissolve the stock cube in the hot water and add to the saucepan.
- Add the blended cornflour and heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth.
This was great to pour over leftovers. Easy to make and a hit with everyone.
This is a quick and easy mushroom gravy recipe that is absolutely delicious! So easy too! Thanks for posting!
I had this with bangers and mash and both hubby and I raved over this simple but awsome tasting gravy. I used a beef bouillon cube and it turned out perfect.