5 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 5 mins
An updated version of a classic Hanukkah dish. And for simplicity, you can partially prepare this up to 2 days ahead! Uncork a Cabernet Sauvignon or Burgundy to serve with dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 (4 lb) trimmed flat-cut beef brisket
- 12 ounces medium portabella mushrooms, dark gills scraped away, caps thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried cranberries (about 4 oz.)
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Whisk wine, broth, cranberry concentrate and flour to blend in medium bowl; pour into 15x10x2-inch roasting pan. Mix in onion, garlic and rosemary. Sprinkle brisket on all sides with salt and pepper. Place brisket, fat side up, in roasting pan. Spoon some of wine mixture over. Cover pan tightly with heavy-duty foil.
- 2Bake brisket until very tender, basting with pan juices every hour, about 3-1/2 hours. Transfer brisket to plate; cool 1 hour at room temperature. Thinly slice brisket across grain. Arrange slices in pan with sauce, overlapping slices slightly. (Brisket can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place mushrooms and cranberries in sauce around brisket. Cover pan with foil. Bake until mushrooms are tender and brisket is heated through, about 30 minutes (40 minutes if brisket has been refrigerated.).
- 4Transfer sliced brisket and sauce to platter and serve.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brisket With Portabella Mushrooms and Dried Cranberries
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 811.9
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.4 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 165.6 mg
- Sodium 222.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 40.4 g