Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This meatloaf is not like any other meatloaf. You NEVER have to worry that it will be dry. its cheesy, and flavorful. It's one of my families favorites.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian breadcrumbs (or plain)
- 0.75 (16 ounce) jar mild salsa
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, small diced
- 2 dashes basil
- 2 dashes oregano
- 2 dashes onion powder
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 egg
- shredded cheese, for the top
- Mix all ingredients except shredded cheese for the top.
- Form mixture into a loaf pan.
- spread a very thin layer of ketchup on top.
- Bake at 375 for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours top with cheese, Bake until cheese melts. if the top looks too cooked cover with foil and reduce heat to 350.
Absolutely fantastic meatloaf recipe. It does have a slightly mexican edge to the flavor from the salsa, but in a good way. Everyone in my family loved it, and the leftovers were equally great the next day. I threw out all my other meatloaf recipes after trying this one ... yes, it was that good!
My kids sat down to dinner and all I heard was chompmunchchomp "Ooooh man, this is delicious!" chompmunchgobble.
yuuuuuuum!I decided to try this recipe tonight for something different. It was delicious, and I will definately make it again. It is extremely moist and flavorful. Thanks!