- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian breadcrumbs (or plain)
- 0.75 (16 ounce) jar mild salsa
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, small diced
- 2 dashes basil
- 2 dashes oregano
- 2 dashes onion powder
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 egg
- shredded cheese, for the top
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except shredded cheese for the top.
- Form mixture into a loaf pan.
- spread a very thin layer of ketchup on top.
- Bake at 375 for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours top with cheese, Bake until cheese melts. if the top looks too cooked cover with foil and reduce heat to 350.