Moist Turkey Meatloaf
My kids don't like meatloaf but they love this! It is wonderfully moist and flavorful. This is from the Stonyfield Farm web site. When I am short on time, I skip the saute the onion step and just mix it all together - tastes delicious!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup quick oats (not instant)
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 whole egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a non-stick skillet, cook onion and garlic in oil over moderate heat.
- Stire continously until onion is softened, about 2 minutes.
- Place onion and garlic in mixing bowl with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, parsley and ketchup.
- Mix well.
- Stir in oats, yogurt and egg.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add turkey and mix well with your hands.
- Place turkey mixture in a lightly oiled standard bread pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes (until meat thermometer inserted into meatload registers 170 degrees).
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this for the ABC Healthy Choice game. I should have paid more attention to the previous reviews as we found it a little bland for our taste. Next time I will add some green bell pepper and maybe some chili powder. It was moist as we don't like over-done meatloaf. Thanks for posting this healthy recipe.Reply
This is super good and moist! I added 2 finely diced carrots to the onion/garlic mix and sauteed all in a little butter & olive oil. I used more pepper and added some chili powder. I used dried parsley since I didn't have fresh. And I only had vanilla fat free yogurt and used that. I also mixed a little ketchup & brown sugar and spread over top before baking. This is now my favorite meatloaf! Yum-O!!Reply