Little Cheddar Meatloaves
photo by akgrown
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard
- Beat together egg and milk; stir in cheese, oats, onion and salt.
- Add hamburger and mix well.
- Shape into 8 loaves and place in a greased 13x9 pan.
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My meat was ground moose and I didn't have an egg so subbed with 2 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp water. My cheese was in a red tub - imperial cheddar cheese?? and I didnt add salt. I was also very low on brown sugar so might have used almost 1/4 cup only. I also cooked it as one ordinary loaf - very moist, enjoyed by all
These are very tasty. To make them a little healthier, I always use oat bran (about 3/4 cup) instead of plain oats, with no effect on the taste. I also cheat and fill a 6-serve texas (1/2-cup) muffin pan with the mix, rather than make 8 mini loaves - I always found that one mini loaf wasn't quite enough, but a texas-muffin size serve fills the bill! I also reduce the sugar in the sauce to 1/3-cup, otherwise it's too sweet for our taste.