Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From License to Grill, with Rob Rainford.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle stout beer
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 hamburger buns
- condiments, and toppings (your choice)
- In a small skillet over medium heat, saute onion, peppers, garlic, thyme and oregano until onions are translucent.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix beef, onion mixture, and egg. Slowly stir in beer, then add parsley, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Preheat grill to 357°F.
- Form six patties of meat. Place on grill and cook, turning occasionally, until cooked throughout (approx. 8 - 10 minutes per side).
Very tasty burger! The mixture turned out a bit on the wet side, so we grilled them on our vegetable grate until they were firm. Also, it make very large burgers; next time we will divide this into 8 servings instead of 6. I suggest topping with pepper jack, bacon, mayo, salsa a bit of avacado. Simply yummy!