Lamb Chops in a Red Wine Olive Marinade
Fantastic, succulent lamb chops for the grill. My husband's specialty. Recipe inspired by Rob Rainford. Marinating time not included in cook time.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons black olives, minced or 2 tablespoons tapenade
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup red wine
- 12 lamb loin chops, trimmed
- Blend rosemary, olive oil, garlic, tapenade or olives, pepper and wine in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Reserve 1/4 of the marinade and pour the remainder over the lamb chops.
- Let the chops marinate in the refrigerator for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 20 minutes before grilling, take chops from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the grill to 450°F
- Season chops with salt and pepper and sear on the grill for about 2 minutes per side.
- Lower heat slightly and continue cooking, turning and basting with remaining marinade occasionally for another 5 to 10 minutes until the chops are done to your liking.
- Remove from grill, tent with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
DH and I made these lamb chops for dinner last night. They were fantastic! I halved the recipe to accommodate fewer lamb chops with great results. I marinated in a nice pinot noir, used kalamata olives, and cooked on my stovetop grill pan since the weather is pretty bad here right now. I cant wait to make these in the summer on the grill. This is a definite keeper and one that I will make again. Thanks!Reply