Recipe by Epi Curious
These are little breakfast frittatas made in a muffin pan and can be refrigerated or frozen and heated as needed. Great for those on-the-go mornings and/or when you are low carbing. A complete breakfast in a muffin.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 12 eggs, beaten (I use large)
- 2 cups fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded (or favorite cheese)
- 4 ounces mild green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown sausage with chopped onion in a large skillet and drain. In a large bowl, mix the beaten eggs with the sausage mixture. Add cheese, chilies, salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes and stir to mix well.
- Spray a muffin tin with Pam and fill each muffin cup 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set.
- Optional add-ins: 1/2 cup diced tomato, 1/2 cup shredded potato or hash browns, small can drained sliced mushrooms, diced red or green bell pepper (cook with the sausage and onion), chopped and drained artichoke hearts. Can substitute diced ham for the sausage.