Chef amfox's Note:
This is an extremely tasty, easy recipe to throw together for a big group. It's great for the holidays, brunches, or pretty much anytime! I love breakfast foods, so I even have it for dinner sometimes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 -8 slices bread, French or 6 -8 slices sourdough bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup spinach, cooked, chopped and well drained
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half (or milk)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 3 scallions, chopped, for garnish (white and green parts)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- 11. Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Place bread cubes in baking pan. Add bacon and spinach. Top with cheese.
- 22. Whisk together eggs, half-and-half, salt and dried mustard. Pour over bread mixture, covering thoroughly.Cover baking pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes (you can also make this part the night before & wait to heat it in the morning).
- 33. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove plastic wrap and bake for 35-45 minutes or until set and brown on top.
- 44. Garnish with scallions and parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Egg Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1098.8
- Calories from Fat 833
- Total Fat 92.5 g
- Saturated Fat 40.4 g
- Cholesterol 446.0 mg
- Sodium 2227.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 38.6 g