Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an extremely tasty, easy recipe to throw together for a big group. It's great for the holidays, brunches, or pretty much anytime! I love breakfast foods, so I even have it for dinner sometimes.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 -8 slices bread, French or 6 -8 slices sourdough bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup spinach, cooked, chopped and well drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half (or milk)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 3 scallions, chopped, for garnish (white and green parts)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- 1. Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Place bread cubes in baking pan. Add bacon and spinach. Top with cheese.
- 2. Whisk together eggs, half-and-half, salt and dried mustard. Pour over bread mixture, covering thoroughly.Cover baking pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes (you can also make this part the night before & wait to heat it in the morning).
- 3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove plastic wrap and bake for 35-45 minutes or until set and brown on top.
- 4. Garnish with scallions and parsley.
My family came into town and I decided to make this as an easy brunch dish and it was by far the crowd pleaser for everyone!! In a group of 12 from the ages of 2-76, it's not always easy finding something that everyone will love! Thanks for posting!