Ham & Egg Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup diced cooked ham (, smoked or country cured)
- sourdough bread
- 4 -5 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Spray casserole dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Trim crusts from bread, cut slices and place bread on the bottom of casserole dish.
- Beat eggs, add salt, pepper, evaporated milk and mix well.
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- Sprinkle diced ham over egg mixture and cover.
- Place casserole in refrigerator overnight or for at least five hours.
- Remove casserole from the refrigerator, sprinkle cheese on top of eggs.
- Place casserole in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 to 22 minutes depending on the depth of the casserole dish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Have made this recipe for 50 years..lost it but now, thanks to you have it again. I remember when I made it, had to pour the evaporated milk over the bread… then continue with the other ingredients… also had to leave it in the refrigerator for hours/or overnight. Does anyone have a recipe similar to mine to share.
Very easy and tastey brunch casserole. Made it for Father's day brunch, it went over as delicious! The photos don't do it justice, by the time I got the photos it had dropped quite a lot, actually when it came out of the oven it was up to the top of the casserole and got oooh and awahs, looked incredible. Mine took 35 minutes to cook, I think because of the depth of the casserole. forgot to mention I used ordinary 2% milk. Thanks for posting I will be making this one again.