This is a lovely breakfast that I adapted from a recipe on the back of a gravy mix packet.
Make and share this Breakfast Casserole Seasoned With Country Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- In a skillet, cook the sausage for 2 minutes, breaking it up with the spatula as it cooks.
- Add the tater tots and cook, stirring, for a further 5 minutes until the sausage is cooked through and the tater tots are golden brown. (If you use low fat sausage you may need to add a little oil or cooking spray so the tater tots do not stick).
- In a separate container, gradually whisk the gravy mix into the water. Then beat the eggs into the gravy.
- Lay out the tater tot and sausage mixture evenly over the base of a tall 8x8 or 10x6 baking tray.
- Pour the gravy and egg mixture over the top.
- Put in the oven to cook for 20-25 minutes until the filling is set in the center.
- When fully cooked, remove from the oven, sprinkle the cheese over the top and bake for another 3 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm!