Breaded Pork Cutlet With Country Gravy
This will definitely stick to your ribs, so if you are looking for six-pack abs you should avoid this meal.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork cutlets
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups Japanese-style bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3 ounces margarine
- 4 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 quart milk
- Place cutlets between sheets of plastic wrap and pound thin.
- Place in pan; cover with buttermilk and marinate 1 hour.
- Combine flour, garlic salt, pepper, and salt in a bowl.
- Dredge cutlets in flour; dip in buttermilk.
- Place in a bowl of Japanese Bread crumbs and coat well.
- Heat oil in skillet to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place each cutlet in pan and fry 4 minutes each side, or until a light brown.
- Take cutlets out of skillet and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place in pan; cover with foil; and finish in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
For the Country Gravy:
- Melt margarine in a pot and add flour to make a roux.
- Cook roux over a medium flame, stirring constantly with a wire whip, until a very light brown.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Scald milk and slowly add roux until sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- To kick it up a notch, fry a piece of bacon, crumble it and add to gravy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION