Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I liked the idea of American Breakfast Casseroles, I just wanted to add everything that is typically in a "Full English Breakfast"! This is always a hit with friends on Christmas morning. Overnight time not included in preparation time.
- lightly toasted and cubed bread, enough to generously cover the base of a 9 x 13 pan
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 lb sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large onion, chopped and sauteed
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped and sauteed
- 2 -3 large tomatoes, chopped, uncooked
- 8 -10 eggs, beaten with the following
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (or 2 tsp. dry mustard powder)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs (optional)
- cheddar cheese, grated
- Layer all ingredients evenly over the bread.
- Pour the egg mixture over all.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Top with a good sharp cheddar cheese (grated) and bake until golden brown and slightly risen, approximately 45 minutes.
this was gorgeous. I enjoyed every delicious mouthfull. I wanted to eat it all again and will very soon. my friends all tried it and hated it but my family and i loved it
This was delicious! I also used a can of Rotel diced tomatoes and chilis. It was a huge hit with my company and so filling I just needed a side of fruit and toast. Will definitely make this again and plan on this for Christmas morning.
Tasty recipe, thanks for sharing.