1 hr 15 mins
Judi Caston's Note:
I liked the idea of American Breakfast Casseroles, I just wanted to add everything that is typically in a "Full English Breakfast"! This is always a hit with friends on Christmas morning. Overnight time not included in preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- lightly toasted and cubed bread, enough to generously cover the base of a 9 x 13 pan
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 lb sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large onion, chopped and sauteed
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped and sauteed
- 2 -3 large tomatoes, chopped, uncooked
- 8 -10 eggs, beaten with the following
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (or 2 tsp. dry mustard powder)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs (optional)
- cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Layer all ingredients evenly over the bread.
- 2Pour the egg mixture over all.
- 3Refrigerate overnight.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5Top with a good sharp cheddar cheese (grated) and bake until golden brown and slightly risen, approximately 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.6
- Calories from Fat 388
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 258.0 mg
- Sodium 887.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 21.8 g