Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is a variation of a bread recipe I tweaked to finally get a good loaf of bread! I'd been having a hard time getting my bread to not fall.
- 12 ounces warm water
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 5⁄8 cups whole wheat flour (or any combination of white and wheat)
- 5 teaspoons vital wheat gluten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- Add liquid ingredients to bread machine pan. Then add the dry ingredients as listed.
- Set the machine on white cycle (if using a combination of flours) or whole wheat cycle (if just using whole wheat), light loaf, and 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- Let the machine do its thing!