Recipe by tunasushi
Easy dressing which goes well with simple turkeys or chickens
Top Review by Denise G.
This was an excellent dressing. You can add mushrooms or whatever you would like also. The only thing is the recipe says it makes 10 servings. I doubled it and it made about 8 servings so that is a bit off. Otherwise, this was soooo good.
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 4 cups bread cubes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion and celery in the butter until tender.
- Combine onion mixture with bread, pepper, eggs, salt, sage and poultry seasoning in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in broth until well moistened.
- Bake in a greased foil-covered shallow baking dish at 325° for about 35 to 45 minutes.
- Take the cover off the last 5 minutes to brown.