- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup drained and rinsed black beans
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub the sweet potatoes and cut off the ends. Place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon salt and cover. Bring to a gentle boil and boil for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and let stand until the sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into cubes in a bowl. Add the black beans, onion and cilantro and toss to mix.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, olive oil, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour over the warm sweet potato mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.