1/2 Photos of Bratwurst Wraps With Onion-Sauerkraut Filling
Sounds fun and good. From Weber.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 fresh bratwursts (1 lb)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb fresh sauerkraut, rinsed, fully drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 flour tortillas (10-inch diameter)
- 1/4 cup honey dijon mustard
- 4 slices smoked swiss cheese
- 1Place bratwurst and beer in medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat; let bratwurst cool in beer.
- 4In 10-inch frying pan cook onion in oil over medium heat until browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 5Add sauerkraut, sugar, salt, and red pepper; mix well.
- 6Continue cooking for 5 minutes to blend flavors.
- 7Place bratwurst in center of cooking grate.
- 8Grill 5 to 6 minutes or until browned and heated throughout, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- 9Split each in half lengthwise.
- 10Place 1/4 of sauerkraut mixture down center of each tortilla.
- 11Place 2 bratwurst halves on top of filling.
- 12Spread 1 tablespoon mustard on bratwurst and top with a slice of cheese.
- 13Fold two sides of tortilla over cheese; fold remaining bottom and top halves of tortilla to close.
- 14Place tortilla wraps flap-side down on grill; grill 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and heated through, turning once halfway through grilling time.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bratwurst Wraps With Onion-Sauerkraut Filling
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.2
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.9 mg
- Sodium 1956.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
honey dijon mustard
smoked swiss cheese