Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is very good and I think easier than it appears.
- 1 lb fresh uncooked large shrimp
- 8 ounces fresh broccoli
- 2 (4 ounce) cans button mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, whole or sliced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated, pared fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 cups prepared rice
- Remove shells and back veins from shrimp.
- Cut broccoli into pieces.
- Drain mushrooms.
- Cut whole bamboo shoots into thin slices.
- Heat oil in wok over high heat Stir fry shrimp in oil until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli to shrimp.
- Stir fry 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and bamboo shoots Stir fry 1 minute longer.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture over shrimp-vegetable mixture.
- Cook and stir until liquid boils Cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Serve over Rice.