Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe from BHG and made some modifications. It is the most tender pork you will ever taste! Use a tenderloin and skim milk and serve with brown rice for a very rich and healthy meal!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless pork loin roast (single loin)
- 3 medium leeks or 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small bulb of garlic, peeled (8 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- Trim fat from pork roast.
- In an oven-safe pot, cook leeks and whole garlic cloves in hot oil until leeks are tender and begin to brown.
- Push leeks and garlic to the side of pot.
- Sprinkle tarragon on roast and add roast to pan.
- Brown well on all sides.
- Add the milk, salt and pepper to pot.
- Bake, covered, in a 400 degree F oven for about 2 hours, or until tender.
- Transfer roast to a warm serving platter.
- For sauce, strain pan juices and skim off any fat.
- Return the cooking liquid to the pot.
- Gradually stir cold water into flour.
- Stir into cooking liquid.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- To serve, slice meat and serve with rice and sauce.
- Also great served with pasta.